I don’t believe that there’s a mom that has gotten this whole mom thing figured out to a tee, but there are a few moms that have paved their own way in owning their own unique mom experience. I like to call these women confident moms. The truth is , I was far from a confident mom for far longer than what I would want to admit in my motherhood journey. Confidence in everyday life as a woman can be daunting in development, but if you throw in motherhood with confidence it can be extra shaky. I’ve since grown to be more confident as a mom which has took sometime. I have learned that being a confident mom has nothing to do with perfection or implying it in effort. Growing as a confident mom is an inside job that takes self initiative. The women that we deem to be confident moms shouldn’t be women that we feel are superior, emulate to compare, or feel jealous of. We can be inspired by these women rather than intimated in taking our place within the walls of our own homes in loving, caring, and raising our children to grow in confidence for ourselves.
There are six traits that confident moms have to admire in growing our own way as mothers:
- They Trust Their Instinct : A women’s instinct is pretty powerful within itself, but when you add motherhood to instinct it somehow takes intuition to another level. Confident moms trust their gut when it comes down to their instinct about their home, family, and children. They will seek out “wise” counsel from a few close friends, but with prayerful confirmation they follow through with their instinct.
- They Don’t Compare Their Journey or Their Child(ren)’s : It’s awesome to meet another mom you can relate with in similarities, but it’s a huge detrimental difference in relating with another mom in comparing our lives in feeling inadequate from our personal perception of flawlessness of their lives or those we may even feel preeminence of in being lesser than. A confident mom chooses not to waste energy to compare herself to other moms, and she knows how unfair that would be towards her children to compare them to someone else to.
- They Rise Above Outside Chatter: Being a mom for some reason gives some people open season to throw out their opinion on how you should raise your kids, manage your home, and make prejudices about who you are from the simplest of things and social standards. Confident moms ignore the hearsay, sharp remarks, and unsolicited advice in learning how to assertively obey their inner voice, and they’re not afraid to use their outside voice to speak up. She advocates for herself and her children.
- They Don’t Define themselves Be Labels & Titles : Motherhood is filled with various subcultures and subgroups. We have groups of single moms, working moms, stay at home moms, military moms, married moms, homeschooling moms, special needs mom, soccer moms, dance moms, and etc. Many of us can relate to being in a sector of the mom groups listed. The danger is solely using any group as a set identity of who you are, and disqualifying moms who aren’t in your official subgroup. Confident moms can embrace a season or generalize experience in connecting with a group without allowing that to be identity of their womanhood.
- They Take Care Of Themselves : Confident moms know it’s important to take care of themselves as preservation in taking care of those they loves. They know that’s it’s essential for to take care of their mental, physical, and emotional health in being mothers. They are unafraid to reach out for help, rest when needed, and to do what it takes to be happy in being a good mom to their kids.
- They Invest In Themselves : Confident moms know the importance of not loosing themselves within their motherhood journey in remembering the woman inside before motherhood matters to. They invests in there goals to better through personal growth, education, interests, and future aspirations.
Check out the related podcast now and join as a subscriber !
1 thought on “Six Traits Of Confident Moms”
These are really great tips to build confidence! Thanks for sharing!